“And delivered righteous Lot, sore distressed by the lascivious life of the wicked (for that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their lawless deeds)” (2 Peter 2:7-8, American Standard Version).
- The homosexual lifestyle portrayed in the media and Hollywood as normal. Scripts approved/ censored by homosexual activists. (When will someone make a film showing the truth about this filthy, demeaning, destructive, sad, perverted, sinful choice?)
- A growing number of Americans accept this immoral life style.
- Same-sex marriage approved by a state legislatures and forced upon other states by activist judges.
- Hate Crime Laws (so called) passed by state legislatures and recently by the U.S. Congress.
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy of U.S. Defense Department declared “unconstitutional” by an activist judge.
- A growing number of denominations accept unrepentant homosexuals as members and as clergy.
And the list could go on ad nauseum. “Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry”(Acts 17:16). In a sense, homosexuality is a form of idolatry – the worship of the human body – or an outgrowth of it (Romans 1:22-27).
There is an old political axiom which states, “There is nothing quite as powerful as an idea whose time has come.” I believe this is true with the issue of homosexual rights. Using money, lobbying and political correctness this juggernaut has rolled aside decency and Biblical morality to reach its evil goal – the full acceptance of a perverted lifestyle by society and the ostracism (persecution?) of those that oppose it.
But we must not just roll over and play dead! Like righteous Lot we will be delivered IF we do what is right.
- Continue to stand for the Truth and oppose perversion (Genesis 19:9; Matthew 5:14-15).
- Demand fervent preaching concerning this sin; as well as all other sins (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Teach our children and grandchildren that sexual immorality is a sin (Proverbs 22:6).
- Be prepared to be persecuted (Matthew 5:10-12; 2 Timothy 3:12).
- Don’t fall into the trap of hating these enslaved souls. If possible, show them the Truth (Acts 22:18; Jude 22-23).
Friends, we are not the first Christians who have faced this responsibility. It has been written that in New Testament times fornication was as common as breathing. We are fast approaching that scenario in this country. Pro-homosexual bias is becoming engrained in our society and embedded in the government and the judiciary.
Our brethren back then faced their dilemma head on. They could not picket or protest. They just injected into the world the gospel of Jesus Christ which can change human hearts; so can we! Paul wrote, “Be not deceived: neither fornicators…nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind…shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:9,11).
2530 Moore Court
Columbia, TN 38401
- The Bible (37)
- The Church (33)
- Holy Spirit (2)
- Bible Authority (11)
- Calvinism (7)
- Nature of God (9)
- Faith (19)
- Family Matters (7)
- Denominationalism (10)
- Attitudes (46)
- Christian Living (57)
I have recently stuck my head into the world of flat-panel televisions. My wife and I (well, really just me, but my wife has at least given her consent) are considering buying one, and I decided to do my due diligence and research the best brands, prices, etc. What I discovered was intere......
Before Jesus ascended into heaven He left His disciples with what is often called the “Great Commission.” Mark recorded, “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mk. 16:15). In the B......
As a young child being reared in denominationalism, this writer clearly recalls the practice in worship of the recitation of creeds. Those assembled would recite various creeds, particularly the so-called "Apostles' Creed." Of course, one would assume that a creed called the Apostles' Cre......