- WAKE UP . . . DECIDE TO HAVE A GOOD DAY! "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24).
- DRESS UP . . . THE BEST WAY TO DRESS UP IS TO PUT ON A SMILE! A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "...The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" (I Samuel 16:7).
- SHUT UP. . . SAY NICE THINGS AND LEARN TO LISTEN! God gave us two ears and one mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction" (Proverbs 13:3).
- STAND UP . . . FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! Stand for something or you will fall for anything. "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:9-10).
- LOOK UP . . . TO THE LORD! "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).
- REACH UP . . . FOR SOMETHING HIGHER! ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14).
- LIFT UP . . . YOUR PRAYERS! "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God" (Philippians 4:6).
EDITOR'S NOTE: We thought this was an excellent piece. We might add to point #4 that you want to be certain that what you believe is the truth! Some have stood for what they believed in, and in so doing stood for error (Acts 26:9; Romans 10:2). "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" (2 Corinthians 13:5). "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). But once you have the truth, "Buy it, and sell it not!"
- The Bible (37)
- The Church (33)
- Holy Spirit (2)
- Bible Authority (11)
- Calvinism (7)
- Nature of God (9)
- Faith (19)
- Family Matters (7)
- Denominationalism (10)
- Attitudes (46)
- Christian Living (57)
John Calvin was a very bright, educated, and charismatic man. When he was only twenty-six years old, he published his landmark work, Institutes of the Christian Religion. The tremors caused by this work still reverberate throughout the modern religious world, as Calvinism (or select compone......
The English word edify appears twenty times in the New Testament in one form or another. The word means, “the act of building.” Nineteen of the twenty times this word is used in the New Testament it is used by Paul and has the sense of Chri......
Merriam-Webster.com defines truth as, “the real facts about something: the things that are true.” For many, when it comes to understanding the Bible, truth is subjective. In other words, the “truth” one holds is based on personal experience, fee......